12/08/2014

Sloth time guilt...

Is it just me or do alot of people get an attack of the guilt's because of night time slothing out?

When I get home at night, all I want to do is put on the fire, grab some food and a book and curl up and relax.



But I get an attack of the guilt's. I think I should be rushing around like a blue arse fly, cooking, cleaning and generally just working my butt off until I collapse into bed.

Of course, there are benefits to that. My house would look spic and span, my endorphins would be pumping and I would feel satisfied.

But I don't do that. I plonk it and try my very best to not to feel guilty but I am not very successful.

Somehow, I feel that I should be achieving great feats.

So I did a bit of research and now I don't feel so bad. I am learning that our minds need a break every single day. We need to stop the rat race in our heads.  Take time to sit down and rest our minds. Because the world as we know it is too fast, too depressing, too crazy.

So the next time you chose to chillax, don't stress about it. Take a deep breath and enjoy it.

"People are working so many hours that not only in most cases do they not have more hours they could work, but there's also strong evidence that when they work for too long they get diminishing returns in terms of health costs and emotional costs," Schwartz says. "If time is no longer an available resource, what is? The answer is energy." 

http://www.scientificamerican.com/article/mental-downtime/


No comments:

Post a Comment